Saturday, June 25, 2011

Stress relief

I've been dealing with stress for a while now, who hasn't really? But the question always remains, how do we deal with stress? I have never been one to manage it well. Binge eating ice cream and chocolate have been my favorites but I'm trying to change that.
A friend told me recently about bug zappers that come in the form of tennis rackets. I was too excited, they had them at the Christmas tree shop for 2.99. I bought 6 of them. I gave one to my dad, knowing he'd enjoy the novilty of them. I gave one to my hopefully-soon-to-be-ex as a fathers day gift, as my son refused to get him anything, and I actually felt bad there was nothing for him. The other 4? They are all for me baby!!!!
They require 2 AA batteries, then watch out! 1600 volts swinging in my arms!! Hahaha, they don't stand a chance. When you get one it makes a very satisfying SNAP! Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of bugs where I live. Now most people would say that is a good if not great thing, and usually I would agree. However, it is greatly dissappointing when you are on the hunt for bugs to zap. Again, going back to my last post, am I just evil?
I went to my camp today to be at a wonderful friends memorial service. It was great and sad at the same time, I had a lot of emotions and the perfect vehicle to get them out. BUT, all the bugs were paying their respects to such an amazing man by not being out to bother anyone today. What the heck?? Usually I'd be happy, but I wanted a killing spree. Hopefully next time I'm there they will oblige. I guess we should be thankful they were not out in full force. Would have made a hard day miserable for most, and I didn't bring replacement batteries. Rest in peace Howard, I'll zap as many as I can for you (and me).

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweetie - come up to my place.. there's lots of bugs for you to zap!

    ReplyDelete