Monday, June 13, 2011

My new friend

Who is my new friend you ask? It's the squirrel. There is a saying: God grant me the strength to change the things I can, the courage to accept the things I can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.
I have the courage to accept the things I can't change. She has taken over the feeder, and unless I want to declare war, take a leave of absence from work, wear grease paint and spend every minute of every day laying in wait to take this sqiurrel on I must give in gracefully.
Yesterday when my hopefully-soon-to-be-ex-husband came to babysit our son I explained the whole saga of woman vs squirrel, then I left for work. 12&1/2 hrs later I returned home to hear all about how my hopefully-soon-to-be-ex-husband took up the mantle against the squirrel. When she came to her feeder my hopefully-etc. Went outside and started whacking the bushes in front of the feeder. What the hell? He has ruined my truce! Alas, all is not lost, maybe he's chased the squirrel away for good by traumatizing it too badly that she won't dare to come back!! Wait a minute......
As I'm writing this she is back, sneaking up to the feeder. As I said, I have a new friend......

No comments:

Post a Comment