Saturday, May 21, 2011

My life as an oxymoron

What do you mean you ask as you read the heading, well I'll tell you.  I have been having a lot of problems with my knee, after several months I talked to my Dr about it.  He sent me to a sports medicine Dr.  She took x-rays of my knee and came back with a diagnosis: I have patello-femoral pain syndrome.  Well, this made me nervous.  I mean it sounds so serious.  However, as I broke the words down I realized it meant pain behind the knee cap.  Why can't they just say that?  Why do they have to make it sound so scary?  Then came the news that has forever changed my life...........wait for it...............I have runners knee!!  Yes, me, I have it.  The Dr looked so serious when she told me, I tried to hold it in, but I laughed out loud.  She didn't understand so I let her in on the joke.....I'm fat, do I look like I've run a day in my life??  She assured me that you don't have to run to get "runners knee".  So that my friends is why I am an oxymoron.  I am a jumbo shrimp!  Thank goodness, one more thing to cross off my "Bucket List".
Enjoy the rest of your day, and strive to be a jumbo shrimp, I can tell you from experience that it's quite liberating!

No comments:

Post a Comment