Sunday, May 15, 2011

BOYS!

My son is such a joy most of the time, however...... he is (and has been for a while) at that age where he is constantly touching himself.  It started some time ago, I would ask him if he had to use the bathroom and his response would be "No, my testicle is stuck to my leg."  OK, that's just a little weird.  It only got to be a problem when he would go with me to the Dr's office and tell them the same thing.  Can we say embarrassing?
I had to tell him to just say "I'm adjusting" when out in public.  But he is "adjusting"all the time!
In fact the other day we were playing a game on the wii.  every time it was my turn he would "adjust".  When I tell him to stop, he does it more!!!  His teachers have talked to him, and me about it.  Our in home support staff has talked to me about it.  When does it go from being a "boy thing" to being a tic, or an OCD thing?  How do I stop it?
My boy has a problem.  He needs help.  We need an intervention, but they don't usually do interventions for boys who touch themselves all the time, and I do mean all the time!  In a ten minute period, there could be as many as 200 "adjustments".  They looking more like cuppings to me, but what do I know, I'm not a boy. Thank goodness, cause boys suck!!  At  least once they grow up they do.  I don't want my son to grow up.  I also don't want him to feel like he needs to "adjust" every 1/2 second.  O know, maybe I could get something like those dog collars that shock the dog every time they bark to teach them to stop barking at anything that breathes or twitches.  Although I'd rather not be charged with cruelty to my child.  But is it cruelty if I'm using it as a teaching tool?  Better not chance it.  Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment