Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sleeping conditions

I find that everyone has their own comfort conditions when sleeping. Mine? I like a cool room, some white noise- a fan maybe- and lots of covers. I love having weight on me (ok, actually I'm trying to loose weight and don't want extra weight ON me, just over me). I typically listen to a book on CD as I fall asleep. This is my comfort zone in the bedroom. I also find that although I toss and turn to an extent, I don't "take up" the whole bed. I tend to stay in one place. This makes making my bed very easy and quick in the morning.

I have slept alone for a very long time...over 10 years. When I was still married (technically I still am, someday....insert BIG drawn out sigh here....) the ex moved downstairs and out of the bedroom when I was pregnant and never moved back. I've had a long time to get comfortable with what I like.

I went to a friends house the other night and ended up "crashing" there. Sleeping with someone (and that's ALL it was- honest) is a very interesting experience. Unlike me, he rolls around on his bed, there was a fan, but not enough weight for me. Just a sheet and a lightweight down comforter. I think in that situation I'd be fine as long as the person (definitely a man) were to throw an arm/ leg over me to give me the weight I crave. (Course I don't plan on spending the night with a man again unless I'm in a relationship, so then it would be appropriate for the arm/leg thing. I find when not in a relationship that would be awkward.)

So, anyway..... He rolled around on his bed- his side to the middle and back again throughout the night. He also kept whacking me in the head with his elbow, and trying to drape his arm over my head. Needless to say, I did not sleep well. I clung to the edge of the bed like a spider monkey unable to sleep for fear of being attacked by flying elbows.

This whole sleeping with another person...I just don't know... Maybe I'll try it again in another 10 years.

What are your sleeping preferences?

No comments:

Post a Comment