Friday, August 17, 2012

Service announcement

So today was day three for my IV steroid treatment. I have two more days to go.

Day one they put in an IV port. It worked for two days then needed to be taken out. Today they put in another one. This one is in my right elbow. I brought it home with me, and I'm hoping to keep it until after my last infusion on Sunday morning. The only problem is if I want to shower. Then I have to wrap it.

The first port was easy, I put on an extra large glove and taped it. (first port was on my hand). This one is trickier. How is a person supposed to wrap their arm with one hand. Well, I did the best I could although it wasn't pretty. I wrapped it with Saran wrap then with duck tape.

Here's where the service announcement comes in.... If you EVER want to dress up as a mummy for Halloween, duck tape is NOT the best choice. While it is waterproof, which would be great on a rainy night walking the streets looking for candy. It is not easy to move in, doesn't lend itself to being flexible. It also is REALLY hard to get out of. I wouldn't even want to think of how you would use the restroom. Let's not even go there!

You are welcome. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment