Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Alcohol and depression don't mix

So, as you can guess from the title of this post, having some issues with my depression the last couple of days. It seems like about a months worth of days crap has decided to gang up on me at once.....

Well, I won't get into all that (or I'd be sitting here in Walmart for the next month) but I will say that feeling like this and drinking alcohol really don't mix. How do I know? When I got home last night I decided to drink.

Now, for those who know me, you know I don't really ever drink. I mean I didn't even drink at my brothers wedding. I don't like to drink. I don't like the feeling of being out of control.

So, it's kind of strange that I would turn to alcohol last night, but I did. So there's no use regretting it. What I did realize is that the combination makes me leak. Yes, that's right, you heard it here first. Alcohol and depression make me leak.

Well....they make my eyes leak that is. I cried all night. Were you thinking tears when I said leak? I doubt it. You thought this was going to be another poise pad blog.

I remember one of my first polarity sessions from an RPP. During the session she channeled my spirit guide. An owl. While she was telling me about what my spirit guide wanted me to know I started crying because it was so beautiful and right on the money. When the session was over I sat up and told her she had made me leak. I wish I had the words to perfectly describe the horror on her face, until I explained it was my eyes doing the leaking that is. Alas, I will probably never be able to adequately describe the moment but it will live on in my mind and make me smile when I think of it.

1 comment:

  1. No, alcohol and depression do not mix. However, alcohol, bad karaoke, and balloon animals DO mix. Friends, don't let friends sing bad karaoke alone.

    ReplyDelete