Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dating profile

I like to think I'm a realist. I have been kind of getting to know this guy, (see post about guy I'm stalking) we talk, flirt, and joke. Have been for a few months now. The problem is whenever we try to make plans they fall through for a variety of reasons.

I am definitely enjoying this, being interested in someone again, the beginning stages of getting to know someone and dating... what I'm NOT enjoying is the fact that I'm hitting my sexual prime and have no one to share it with. (well, maybe I have someone but the timing keeps getting screwed up {pun intended}). All I think about is sex, let me tell you, not always convenient.

While talking this over with a friend she suggested that I put an ad in the Pheonix or Casco Bay Weekly. I've also been told by my brother I should try online dating such as E-Harmony. I don't know how i feel about this, I mean we all hear stuff about how dangerous it can be, plus I really don't have the time or resources to go out on first dates all the time until I meet Mr. Right, or at least Mr. Right-Now.

All this aside, what the heck would I do about a profile? I mean I can't think of too many men who are interested in a fat middle age woman, divorced (well, soon to be- hopefully by June 7!) with a special needs child? When pointing this out to my friend she told me she would write my profile and call me "voluptuous". Ha! I laughed so hard I almost peed a little, as well as couldn't breathe. That is NOT a word I would use to describe me. I am round. The only curves I have are the rolls, that make up my roundness. Talk about false advertising!

At least I have my battery powered friends to "help me out" since I've got a feeling I'm going to be alone for quite a while yet. Alas......

No comments:

Post a Comment