Monday, October 31, 2011

Damn you HIPPA

Well, the title just about sums it up.  This blog is to share some of the humorous things that have happened to me, or at least my humorous take on things.  The problem is that one of the biggest sources of my stories in recent years comes from my work.  Why is that a problem you ask?  Well, because I work with adults with disabilities, therefore HIPPA prevents me from saying anything here (or else where) that could identify my consumers.
I mean, you'd really love the story of the day I had someone pee on my head.....really, it happened, there's a lot more to that story but HIPPA prevents me from sharing. Or how about the time I was accused of hitting a client to the police by said client!!!! Not so funny then, but very funny now.  Well, I may not be able to share all these stories, but I'm sure you've come to the conclusion that my work is NOT boring.  I mean the other day I played a game of UNO with a client, and let me tell you, I am very competitive when playing card and board games.  I was not nice.  Luckily my client was a good sport and was just as competitive as I was.  We were howling with laughter, one round took 50 minutes.  I of course won.  But I almost peed myself a little I was laughing so hard.  (is this starting to be a theme in my life?  Peeing myself?  I hope not!)  I know, a little bit of a let down from the other teasers right?  Well, for now I can happily say, that the days of having someone pee on my head seem to be over, although I do have someone who has taken a shine to me if you know what I mean.  God save me, because this consumer is a handful (as they all are in their own way) and will continue to provide me with many more stories I can't share with all of you. 
Anyway, as I started out I will end......DAMN YOU HIPPA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment