Saturday, January 5, 2013

Golden Girls

I have loved watching the Golden Girls for years. Whenever I come across reruns I will almost always tune in and settle down to laugh...

My divorce was final yesterday. As I was flipping through the channels this morning, I found The Golden Girls, tuned in and started laughing. After the show my son and I drove to the store. I started contemplating my life.... My ex (it's so exciting to say ex and not "my-hopefully-soon-to-be-ex") drives me crazy. I have moments where I HATE him, but honestly, I don't really. We get along for our sons sake pretty well mostly. He told me (right after he left me for a 24 year old-but I'm not bitter- so I wasn't in the most receptive mood) that I was his best friend. While I don't agree with that, and I'm pretty sure he has changed his mind by now. The hope is that over time we can become more friendly than we have been. He will always piss me off I'm sure, but driving today I got a VERY clear picture in my head of 20 years from now.

I am Dorothy, he is Stan, the putz that she can't stand, but also has a soft spot for. He will forever be in my life because of my son, but also because he is a little clueless about some things in life....... So, who will I be living with?? I really want to know! Who will be my Blanche, Sofia, and Rose?

Come on girls, we need to start planning, and whoever is Rose?....NO St. Olaf stories! lol

Where do you see yourself in 20 years?



No comments:

Post a Comment