Monday, December 5, 2011

What have I done?????

So, I think you have all heard from a previous post that I bought my son a hamster.  What have I done? 
I know, doesn't sound that bad right?  Some people don't like rodents in their house, even cute cuddly ones like Sophie. It isn't that.  She is adjusting quite nicely into our home.  She is getting used to us.  She doesn't bite me anymore, as long as I talk quietly to her before trying to pick her up, and we have an agreement: I will leave her alone in the morning (NOT a morning hamster) and she won't be a bitch. (excuse my language there)

Why am I panicking then?  I'm afraid I will kill her.  Don't worry, I'm not planning to kill anyone or anything. (hopefully-soon-to-be-ex can rest better knowing that) The problem comes from my track record.  Every plant I have ever brought into this house has died.  My garden failed miserably.  Both times.  With lots of advise from successful gardeners........  Ok, so we're talking plants, why the panic?

Then I started killing fish.  Again, not on purpose.  It was so sad to see each one of them go.  Yes, we are unlucky with fish.  There was Stacy, Phineas, Ferb, Candice, (can you tell we like Phineas and Ferb in this house?) Perry, Doofenshmirtz, and the latest casualty is Squishy, yes, I love Nemo too.

Love this picture with the reflection on top
I have heard from many people that beta fish are so easy.  People have told me that you don't have to change their water and clean their tanks for a month or more at a time, and they can go up to 3 weeks without being fed.  Really?  These people have been very successful with caring for fish.  I thought they were cruel to go without feeding their fish for 3 weeks.  I thought I was being a more responsible fish owner by doing what was recommended for them.  I guess I was wrong.  Cause mine die.  I am responsible for killing 7 beautiful fish.  We still have Princess, we'll see how long she lasts.

Is it any wonder that with this newest death I am worried for the life and safety of Sophie?  I keep trying to get bigger living entities to take care of and they keep dying on me.  Guess it won't ever be in the cards to get a dog.  I solemnly swear to do everything in my power to make Sophie happy and keep her healthy.  However, I cannot guarantee that it will do any good.  If she doesn't live a full and long hamster life I also promise to never get another animal.  I don't think my psyche can handle more death at my hands.

I'm praying for you Sophie, I really am.

She's too cute to die.......


Live damn you, live!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment