Friday, December 9, 2011

Update

She's still alive! If a little blurry.  I hope this is the continuing trend with Sophie.  My son is still enchanted by her, although does not like the feel of her tiny little claws on his bare skin.

We are fortunate enough to have a wonderful case manager working with us.  We explained that Sophie doesn't have a lot of room in her little cage.  She offered up one of her old cages for us to use.  I was so excited, it is more than double Sophie's cage.  It was delivered yesterday morning.  My son went to school, I cleaned the cage and then a quick trip to the Dr's again, yuck!

I promised my son he could help me set up the new cage when I got home from work. 1/2 an hour before bed time.  The plans were made, the cage was clean.  Sophie is moving up in the world to a deluxe apartment in the sky!  Things are looking good.

I come home from work, son gets out of bath, Sophie goes into exercise ball.  We set to work taking apart the old cage and setting up the new.

This is the new cage.  Can you guess what the problem was?

Sophie is transferred to her new home.  Oh what joy, what rapture.  She quickly ran around smelling everything and getting used to the cage.  Then it happened......  she squeezed out between the bars.  What a stinker!

Into the hamster ball she went, replaced everything in the old cage, with a few changes in placements.  Voila, Sophie in her old home again.  Well, we can always try again when I have the money to upgrade her.  Sorry I took the dream away Sophie, but at least you're still alive.  And isn't that all that really matters?

Sophie back in her old studio apartment.
She ran on her wheel for 2 hours after coming home.  I think she was depressed about not getting the new pad. (although most of that is probably due to the fact that she can't escape from her current home)

No comments:

Post a Comment